So it seems like most of my friends like to shit on Inglorious Bastards a lot. For whatever reason a bunch of them are convinced it was a bad movie. Yeah, ummmm… No.
That movie was fucking brilliant. It’s not Pulp Fiction. It’s not Reservoir Dogs. It’s not Kill Bill. But it is Jews killing Hitler and Nazis burning to death, and for that it is one of my favorite movies. Not to mention it is well written, fantastically directed and had some great acting performances. If it were any other director, I feel like they would love it (if they watched it at all)
I don’t think it sucks, but it’s certainly Tarantino’s weakest. On the scope of the cinematic world, it is a high achievement, but when you remember this is a guy whose writing and directing credits include Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk ‘Til Dawn, and Kill Bill, it becomes readily apparent why so many people were disappointed in Inglourious Basterds.
The writing has some huge, gaping plotholes. An infamous Gestapo killer is somehow not recognized during multiple scenes, and the highest cadre of the Nazi Party somehow have no protection when out at a film.
The acting, though excellent on some parts, is lacking on others. Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Michael Fassbender, and Melanie Laurent are all excellent, but Eli Roth gives a clear reason why he should stick to directing while B.J. Novak does everything but stick out.
And god, the soundtrack was lacking. Usually, it’s not relevant to a movie, but this is Quentin Tarantino we’re talking about. Why he went without Robert Rodriguez and RZA is beyond comprehension, so it has none of the musical appeal of any of his other films.
- alantherobot likes this
- supersandys-space likes this
- aepiphany likes this
- thesecularsoup likes this
- annieoakley5ever likes this
- casuallyconflicted likes this
- patchesthegreat reblogged this from socialistexan and added:
- amillionbits likes this
- infamousnfamous likes this
- gaynessandgeekery likes this
- baconbeernboobs likes this
- baconbeernboobs reblogged this from socialistexan and added:
- captainpenelope likes this
- caseyvastardis said: the gore almost ruined it for me. i really liked it otherwise though.
- powerdadgendoikari likes this
- sadschaub said: Oh yeah, it has some great performances. I don’t remember the whole package impressing me too much. I guess I’ll have to watch it again.
- petticoatruler said: It made me sit up and cheer, tbh.
- shonilane likes this
- inkdefense said: I love this movie!
- inkdefense likes this